Listen to Grace and Marie, two teenage girls, talking about their feelings about changing from primary to secondary school.
click here to download the exercises
You may have a look at some extra resources below:
- Listening: Roman Holiday (William Wyler, 1953):
Princess Anna is the heir to the throne of a very small country. She’s on a tour of Europe, and at the moment she is in Rome. From what you can see in the clip, how do you think Anna feels? Try to be as detailed as possible, and giving reasons for your answer.
(You may also pay attention to Audrey Hepburn’s lovely RP accent)
- Reading (good for reading comprehension, and extending your vocabulary):
- Listening, Reading and vocabulary: listen to ‘She’s Leaving Home’ by the Beatles. Then answer these questions:
- Describe the father’s and the mother’s reaction to the event described in the song. Are they the same? How do you know?
- How do you think the daughter felt before leaving home? And when she did? (Base your answer on lines from the song)
- What expressions related to feelings and emotions can you find in the song?
Now, you may read the lyrics to check your answers.
Finally, you may also listen to “Out Here (On My Own)”, a song from the film Fame. It contains some nice expressions related to feelings and emotions.